Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Corporate Social Responsibility, or CSR, refers to a company’s commitment to practice environmental and social sustainability and to be good stewards of the environment and the social landscapes in which they operate. CSR policies aim to guarantee that companies work ethically, considering human rights as well as the social, economic and environmental impacts of what they do as a business. The Italian Secrets (or the company) aims to exceed, any relevant legislation, and if legislation does not exist in a particular area, the company should ensure they carry out best practices anyway.
The Italian Secrets is committed to ensuring that any business undertakings are conducted as ethically as possible by following the below policy.
Introduction of the company
The Italian Secrets is a luxury online shop whose aim is to give the best spotlight to the hidden gems of the fashion design made in Italy.
This is our mission and the reason why we invest our time, effort and resources to discover and select the best Italian fashion designers who can make unique and high-quality fashion cloths and accessories. Then we offer them our platform where they satisfy the desire of the many people to wear the real Italian style at unbeatable price-quality ratio.
The Italian Secrets is committed to reporting and communicating openly on its response to CSR issues. This policy will be reviewed from time to time and updated as necessary to reflect developments in our businesses and in best practice.
To retain loyal and productive staff, it is vital to maintain a good working environment. We are committed to:
- Providing a safe working environment through best practice in health and safety management in our business
- Being an equal opportunities employer, committed to developing a diverse workforce where everyone is treated fairly irrespective of race, sex, colour, nationality or national origin, class, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identification, political opinion, or any other status protected by applicable law
- Creating an environment where everyone is encouraged to give their best and realise their full potential, through the provision of learning and development opportunities.
- Ensuring that employees can discuss any problem connected with their work confident that they will receive a fair, impartial and confidential review of the issue.
We respect the individual’s right to freedom of association. We relate to our employees through both collective and individual agreements, according to local law, custom and practice.
It is so important to look after your customers, to make sure that they have a positive and lasting impression of your business.
We are committed to:
- Establish an end-to-end process to improve customer satisfaction and retention
- Design and implement our internal process to ensure the safety and quality of your products and services.
- Ensuring that a clear, complete and timely communication with customers.
It is vital to ensure that you use good suppliers and maintain a good working relationship with them.
- We are committed to being a responsible and valuable partner in the supply chain, continuing to build a sustainable business that serves its customers, employees and shareholders and the communities in which they live.
- A strong and dynamic supplier base is essential to our long- term success. We rely on the expertise and skill of suppliers to meet customers’ changing needs, and we only work with suppliers that comply with all applicable laws, including all applicable labour, employment, human rights, wage and hour, environmental, and health and safety laws.
- We are committed to clear communication with suppliers.
It is important to commit to reducing the environment impact that your business activities may have. We value the natural environment and are firmly committed to sound environmental practice in our operations. Our businesses are required to comply with relevant environmental laws and regulations and to adopt the following principles:
- Commit and contribute towards sound environmental practices in our daily operations
- Improve the efficiency of our use of materials and energy
- Minimise emissions and waste
- Respond to community concerns with integrity, honesty and respect
- Seek out suppliers who have a proactive approach to environmental risk management and who manage natural resources responsibly.
- We aim to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate and to be a responsible neighbour
- Our businesses will determine their community investment priorities to suit the needs of their local communities
- We encourage our employees to be active in the community, allows reasonable requests for volunteering time and provides financial support for community projects
- Identify opportunities for our products to be used to support charitable organisations.
The Italian Secrets will monitor and assess the CSR success based on the regular feedback provided by the relevant stakeholders and it will be reviewed from time to time and updated as necessary to reflect developments in our businesses and in best practice.